First off, thanks for checking out the VIII Limbs Academy! We have two ways you can get started with us:
1. Stop in to observe a class – FREE
This is pretty simple. The observation is a time for you to meet some of the coaches, students, watch a class and get a feel for what we do at VIII Limbs. You don’t need to schedule it…just show up! You won’t be working out and you won’t be pressured into signing up for anything. If you like what you see – you can get information about our two week Quick Start Program while you are in the gym. From there, we will schedule your first class and get you started.
2. Two Week Quick Start – $65
This is a pre-paid, two week program (kids & adults) that gets you on the mat and learning Muay Thai, Women’s Kickboxing, Boxing or Kettlebells. During the Quick Start, you’ll be participating in group classes and getting personal attention with one of our instructors. The Quick Start comes with a free VIII Limbs t-shirt and a free pair of gloves (no gloves for Kettlebells). The normal cost of the training, gloves and shirt is around $150 but the Quick Start hooks you up at $65.
During this 2 week period, you are encouraged to train as much as possible! For Muay Thai, you will be attending as many M,W,F at 7pm & Saturday’s at 11am as you can! For Women’s Kickboxing, Kettlebells,Boxing,Kid’s Muay Thai you will attend as many of those classes as you can!
Once you purchase the quick start, one of our staff members will schedule you for your first intro lesson.
We hold introductions for:
- Adult Muay Thai on Tuesdays at 5pm
- Women’s Kickboxing intros are done on Sundays at 10am
- Kid’s Muay Thai introductions are done on Mon & Weds at 4:30pm.
- Boxing introductions are done on Sundays at 9am.
- Kettlebell introductions are done 1 on 1 & a Coach will contact you to schedule.Purchase Quick Start
Please note : Muay Thai is a very different martial art than Boxing, TKD, Karate, Kung Fu, BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, Krav Maga, Akido, Kempo, Ameri-do-te and UFC. Before asking for an evaluation – please ask yourself… “Have I ever studied Muay Thai with a Muay Thai instructor?”
If you have never participated in a group muay thai class, you will need the following:
- A pair of gym shorts that stop above your knees or leggings. Nothing too baggy please.
- A t-shirt you don’t mind getting sweaty.
- A bottle of water.
- An open mind.
- A positive attitude.
- You don’t need shoes, we train bare foot.
Honestly, that’s it. We will provide you with gloves and most of your other gear. We are pumped to get you started!