First off, thanks for checking out the VIII Limbs Academy! We have two ways you can get started with us.
1. Stop in to observe a class – FREE
This is pretty simple. The observation is a time for you to meet some of the coaches, students, watch a class and get a feel for what we do at VIII Limbs. You won’t be working out and you won’t be pressured into signing up for anything. If you like what you see – you can get information about our two week Quick Start Program while you are in the gym. From there, we will schedule your first class and get you started.
- If you’re interested in Adult Muay Thai – stop in & watch any Fundamentals class!
- If you’re interested in Women’s Kickboxing please stop in at any of those classes!
- If you’re interested in Kids Muay Thai – please stop in but check for the appropriate age group first!
2. Two Week Quick Start – $65
This is a pre-paid, two week program (kids & adults) that gets you on the mat and learning Muay Thai or Women’s Kickboxing. During the Quick Start, you’ll be participating in group classes and getting personal attention with one of our instructors. The Quick Start comes with a free VIII Limbs t-shirt and a free pair of gloves. The normal cost of the training, gloves and shirt is around $150 but the Quick Start hooks you up at $65.
During this 2 week period, you are encouraged to train as much as possible! For Muay Thai, you will be attending as many Fundamental PM & Saturday classes as you can! For Women’s Kickboxing, you will be attending as many of those classes as you can (AM or PM).
Once you purchase the quick start, one of our staff members will schedule you for your first intro lesson. Introductions are 1 hour for an adult & 30 minutes for a child.
We hold introductions for:
- Adult Muay Thai on Tuesdays at 4pm
- Women’s Kickboxing intros are done on Mondays at 6pm
- Kid’s Muay Thai introductions are done on Fridays at 4:30pm.
- Purchase Quick Start
Please note : Muay Thai is a very different martial art than Boxing, TKD, Karate, Kung Fu, BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, Krav Maga, Akido, Kempo, Ameri-do-te and UFC. Before asking for an evaluation – please ask yourself… “Have I ever studied Muay Thai with a Muay Thai instructor?”
If you have never participated in a group muay thai class, you will need the following:
- A pair of gym shorts that stop above your knees or leggings. Nothing too baggy please.
- A t-shirt you don’t mind getting sweaty.
- A bottle of water.
- An open mind.
- A positive attitude.
- You don’t need shoes, we train bare foot.
Honestly, that’s it. We will provide you with gloves and most of your other gear. We are pumped to get you started!